The time between Christmas and NYE can seem like a weird blur of lag time. Or you might be jumping right into resolution brainstorming for next year. You start to state your hopes, wishes and desires. Workout way more, get fit, lose weight, start a family, earn more money, get a promotion, start a business, travel the world… Before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s take a moment and conclude 2017 in a productive way first. Maybe this year didn’t turn out how you thought it would. Maybe it turned out even better! Either way, these tips will help you finish the year strong & impactful!
This will be a two-part series with certified and professional life coach, Jill Kersh of Thrive Unlimited. (I would like to add that this fabulous life coach is also my mom. I know how lucky am I to have a professional life coach as a mom)!?
“As coaches, we ask questions. Our goal is two-fold. One, to promote thought which leads to self-enlightenment for you. Often times people do not take the time to truly self-evaluate like I am encouraging you to do now. The second goal is to create successful forward movement. Once you have that enlightenment to the goals that really excite you and make you feel like you are living on purpose, How can you turn that into action that will propel you forward?” -Jill Kersh
5 simple tips/questions to ask yourself to wrap up 2017
1. Ask yourself what you need to do or who you need to talk to to create healthy closure for this year. Is there something unresolved or unsaid that will help you surge forward to 2018?
2. Review your relationships. Jim Rohn says we are the product of the 5 people we spend the most time with. Therefore now is a good time to review your relationships and see which ones have served you the best. Take time to foster those relationships. Contrarily, are there any relationships that are unhealthy and hold you back? You may want to limit your time with those because of their negative impact.
3. Take some time to review your year looking both at what you are most proud of as well as the things you wish you had accomplished. The purpose of this is not to beat yourself up at all, but rather to utilize this feeling to organize your time in 2018 and catapult your energy into the things that mean the most to you. We are often so hard on ourselves, and this is a time to reward yourself, pat yourself on the back, and fill your heart with gratitude for all the wonderful things you have done in 2017.
4. New Year’s Eve is about celebration! You have worked hard all year – now take time to celebrate fabulous YOU and all that YOU have accomplished! Celebrating is very unique. What will give you the most joy? For some, that is a long jog. And for others it’s getting together with a group of people. Whether you choose to enjoy time alone, dinner with a close friend, or a party with a large group of people, take time to appreciate all your hard work and growth in 2017.
5. Overall, what can you do to finish 2017 in a way that makes your heart happiest and gives your life both meaning and joy?
Stay tuned for part 2 of this life coaching series that will help you create meaningful resolutions and goals for your new year ahead!
There may be a special giveaway 🙂
Read More »
sign up here for the latest tips & inspiration! xo